Wednesday, December 7, 2011

"Take my yoke upon you and you will find rest for your souls"


Scripture: Matthew 11:28-30
28 Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me; for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light."

paulines.ph
Reflection:  A yoke is a device fitted on two oxens to join them at the neck so they could pull a load together, this makes their work easier and more productive. A yoke is usually used as a symbol of a burden or a load. When Jesus invites us to take His yoke, He does not mean for us to be burdened but rather so He could join us in carrying our burdens! What a wonderful invitation from the Lord! We could all be sure that in the midst of the trials of life, as long as we lift up our burdens to God, all will be well, for His yoke is easy and His burden is light.

The yoke of Jesus can also mean following His will, which is difficult at times. But then we know that we carry it with the Lord, and if you carry it out in faith and love, life would be much more joyful and peaceful than if you followed your own will. To trust in Jesus is to know that His will is perfect for us and His yoke is fitted well to make life much more beautiful for us.

The Lord wants you to bring your burdens to Him so He could help you carry them. What will your answer be?




No comments:

Post a Comment